GEDREAMERS PROGRAM REGISTRATION FORM
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
Students are expected to attend all the classes, participate in discussions and collaborate with others to complete coursework. As this is a fast paced, short program, students may need to work outside class time to complete coursework and assignments. Friendly House and the GED Program expect students to be in class on time every day. We understand that emergencies happen. In those
situations, it is your responsibility to inform the instructor if you have to arrive late or miss a class. The student is accountable for making up any missed work because of an absence. We expect each one of you to take full accountability for your education during the entire program.
• Students who do not meet the attendance requirement, as determined by the GED program, may be withdrawn.
• Students who fail to attend the first scheduled class meeting, without contacting the instructor, assigned career advisor or program manager regarding absence, may be withdrawn.
• It is the student's responsibility to consult with the instructor regarding absences. Absences begin to accumulate with the first scheduled class meeting.
• All instruction is provided online until further notice.
• It is the student’s responsibility to complete the program and pass each GED test.
• The official GED test fees are not included in the price of program tuition. The student is expected to carry the costs of each official GED test subject and the Arizona Civics test ($35.00 per subject; plus $9.00 for the Civics test). The Civics test is required in Arizona. It consists of the same 100 questions any applicant for Citizenship must pass. A passing score is 60 out of 100.
• The official GED tests are administrated online or at testing sites authorized to administer the official GED tests. GED.com provides you with information on scheduling appointments for testing. A GED test can be taken online once you pass a practice test (which may be purchased on GED.com for $6.00).
• Each test can be taken in English or Spanish, although the only test that is mandatory to take in English is the Civics test.
• A proof of enrollment letter may be provided to you upon registration or by request.
• Friendly House celebrates its graduates by hosting an annual graduation ceremony (usually in June) and provides the students with the cap and gown for them to walk. This is a wonderful opportunity in which students get to invite family and friends to celebrate the student's accomplishments!
*Await updates as conditions have changed due to the pandemic.*
• Disclaimer: If requesting instruction in Spanish, you will be placed on our wait list until the minimum amount of participants is met.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ATTENDING ANY OF THE GED PREPARATION COURSES OFFERED THROUGH FRIENDLY HOUSE DOES NOT GUARANTEE PASSING THE OFFICIAL GED TEST.
BY SIGNING BELOW, I REPRESENT THAT THE INFORMATION I HAVE PROVIDED IN THIS DECLARATION AND DOCUMENT IS TRUE AND
CORRECT AND THAT ANY DOCUMENT(S) I PRESENT ARE GENUINE. I UNDERSTAND THAT FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION OR
DOCUMENTS TO THIS DECLARATION MAY SUBJECT ME TO BE EXPELLED FROM THE PROGRAM AS WELL AS OTHER LEGAL ACTION.
Friendly House Inc. maintains information that is sensitive and valuable and is often protected by federal and state laws that prohibit its unauthorized use or disclosure.
Friendly House agrees that confidential information received from its students shall be treated as private, and safeguarded with all reasonable means. Friendly House Inc. will not make public or intentionally disclose its students’ confidential information to any third party without first receiving authorization. In the event that confidential information is lost or stolen, Friendly House Inc. agrees to promptly notify affected students.
Payment Terms for GEDreamers Class
I agree that by submitting this form, followed by a payment for the GEDreamers Class that this charge is final and non-refundable. I agree to paying the amount of $410 for GEDreamers which includes a $10 processing fee.